Federal Skilled Worker Class

  • Home
  • Federal Skilled Worker Class

Do I need work experience?

Work experience is your most important eligibility requirement. Applicants need at least 1-year of paid work in the same job within the same organization within the last 10 years at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Federal Skilled Worker Class

Work experience abroad can help you in immigrating to Canada. The Federal Skilled Worker Class (previously known as The Federal Skilled Worker Program) is an immigration program designed to aid skilled workers who have at least one year of work experience to obtain Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada.

Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Application Process:

Applicants must meet minimum work experience requirements
Applicants must express interest to permanently immigrate to Canada
Applicant must have taken the designated language test in English/French and achieved the threshold language proficiency score
Applicants must express their interest to permanently immigrate to Canada
They must receive an Invitation to Apply from the Canadian Government for a PR before they can apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class

Basic Selection Criteria for FSW Canada

Apart from the above there are 6 selection criteria which have been put forth:

English and/or French skills


Work experience, have a valid job offer?


Abiity to settle in Canada

"Payana Immigration will help you
do connect with us"

No products in the cart.